Nominations for the 2015 Governor’s Award should consist of the completed and authorised Nomination Form, which can be downloaded here, and a completed PowerPoint slide presentation based on this downloadable template.
The slide presentation should address the judging criteria as completely but as succinctly as the submission format allows. The Judges are looking for material that is clearly presented and concisely informs them of the project and its response to these criteria:
- Detail the complexity of the development objectives, problems or situations addressed in the design.
- Demonstrate the project team’s resourcefulness in planning and resolving design and construction challenges.
Creativity & Innovation
- Demonstrate new, adaptive or innovative application of technology, design, materials, or process methods.
Sustainability & Environmental
- Describe what design considerations the project team addressed regarding sustainability issues.
- Demonstrate strategies aimed at improving performance across all the environmental performance metrics of the nominated project- energy consumption, water efficiency, carbon footprint reduction, improved indoor environmental quality and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
- Demonstrate the contribution of the nominated project to the development and construction sectors of the Cayman Islands economy, related Professions and to the public perception of the endeavour represented by the nominated project.
- Show that these positive perceptions include contributions to environmental and cultural concerns.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient collaboration between the process of design and the process of construction.
- Comment on quality of the constructed project, specifically on stakeholder satisfaction and proven performance.
- Describe what active and passive social, economic, and cultural considerations the project team addressed in the process of designing and constructing the nominated project.
- Describe the project’s active and passive contributions to Caymanian culture and the arts.
The downloadable PowerPoint™ template will allow adequate format space for describing and showing off the nominated project’s responses to these criteria. We encourage deftly written abstracts interspersed by photographs of no less than 300 dpi resolution.
Multiple images on each slide is permissible, but the overall submission presentation should not exceed 20 slides.
Include only data and charts absolutely essential to understanding the project’s technical aspects or innovations.
Videos will not be accepted as part of the nomination or judging process.
Nominations and entry presentations in ‘Power Point’ format only, should be loaded onto a memory stick (or copied onto a CD-ROM) and delivered with the completed and signed Entry Nomination Form, to:
The Governor’s Award, c/o Rutkowski Baxter Houghton,
Unit D-1, Cayman Business Park, #10C Huldah Avenue, George Town.
Office hours are 9-00am – 12 noon Monday through Friday (except for Friday,13 November 2015).
Nominations and entry presentations may also be mailed to:
PO Box 899, Grand Cayman, KY1-1103.
All entries must have reached us by no later than 6-00pm, Friday 13, November 2015 to be eligible for consideration.
The Governor’s Award programme may use photos for publicity purposes and may publish them in REAL LIFE Caribbean magazine and other newspaper articles or trade journals.